Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required before consideration!
• Support the Client at the Fort Meade location as well as at sites outside of Fort Meade
• Provide hands-on system administration support as part of a team performing moderately complex system maintenance and operations support of Windows servers, to include services such as Print, Web, File, virus protection, application installation, and other like services
• Monitoring the health and stability of a large infrastructure; perform daily maintenance to ensure stability with minimal degradation of service.
• Team duties include performing the basic day-to-day 24/7 system administration tasks, scheduling new customer software releases, performing system upgrades, evaluating and installing patches, and resolving software-related problems associated with COTS/GOTS products
• Provide general troubleshooting on the server enterprise, maintain data files, and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity
• Ensure all server documentation is current
• Coordinate hardware maintenance and repairs with vendors
• Participate in SIT testing as required
• Interface with the architecture organization during the discrepancy reporting process
• Assist in the overall modernization of the enterprise
• May be asked to participate in analyzing new hardware/software needs and to participate in Client requirements reviews and meetings pertaining to customer issues
*Level SA1's are also welcome to apply*
Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position. In addition:
• Thorough file server support and maintenance knowledge
• 5 years of client/server support and troubleshooting experience
• Minimum of 5 years of general Wintel server administration experience, preferably for Windows 2016, 2012 and 2008 server operating systems.
• Knowledge of the HP and Dell hardware infrastructure
• Understanding of internet support and security concepts
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to interpret software and hardware documentation
• Understanding of LAN infrastructure protocols, e.g., DHCP, DNS
• Team-oriented with professional attitude and customer focus with Good communication and writing skills
• Thorough system administration (policies and procedures) knowledge
• Organizational skills to participate on projects and the drive to take ownership of them
• Excellent customer relations are a must
• In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Directory Services, Print Services, SCCM, File Services, Messaging Services, Web Services and SOE/Engineering Services
• Additional desired skills: knowledge of VMware and virtual environments, Linux, Network Appliance hardware/software support.
• Thorough knowledge of SupportIT ticketing system
• Ability to script in the Windows environment and modify scripts as necessary for automation and configuration mgmt is a plus
COMSO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.