Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required before consideration!
Performs network services from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks. Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents. Performs general LAN/CAN/WAN administration. Schedules conversions and cutovers. Coordinates with all responsible users and sites to resolve network or system incidents. Translates business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, CAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Performs engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives in support of strategic modernization efforts and telecommunications enhancement design for medium and large scale telecommunication infrastructures. Assists telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management with network interfaces.
The Level 1 Network Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Design solutions, integrate, configure, deploy, test and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network dev ices, interfaces and methodologies.
- Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management.
- Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end component s.
- Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements
- Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information.
- Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPN' s, firewall contexts, Traffic Shaping Voice over IP (VoIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec), IP Encryption, Media over IP (MoIP), and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate.
- Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools.
- Provide input to the design of the organization's network and mission architecture.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline and five (5) years of relevant professional experience providing Network Engineering support and training commensurate with network engineering curriculums or a Master' s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security Systems Engineering, or related discipline and three (3) years of relevant professional experience providing Network Engineering support. Seven (7) additional years of relevant experience providing Network Engineering support may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree, making the total experience requirement twelve (12) years in Network Engineering without a degree. Certifications: An Information Assurance Technical (IAT) level I baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required.
COMSO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.