Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required before consideration!
Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to ten (10) years of experience. Four (4) years of additional IT Engineer experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree, making the total experience requirement sixteen (16) years as an IT Engineer without a degree.
Twelve (12) years as an IT Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
One (1) year experience in Enterprise IT systems and projects. Managing and performing integration operations and maintenance activities on multiple system domains of various security classification levels and diverse user bases concurrently.
- End user devices and their operating systems (Computer, Phones, Video Teleconference)
- Servers, Routers, Switches, Crypto, Cables
- Active Directory
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Systems Center
- Corporate Storage Solutions
- Chat Solutions
- SIGINT Cross Domain Data Flows including Data Sanitization
- Integration with Security Technologies such as PKI
- Customized Voice and Video Software
- Thin Client and Virtual Infrastructures
- Leads major portions of large or medium complex IT projects, and leads small projects autonomously.
- Provides highly technical and specialized solutions to complex IT problems.
- Performs analyses and studies and prepares summary reports.
- Gathers facts through research, interviewing, and surveys to analyzes the client’s business, draws conclusions, and prepares final reports.
- Develops and reviews system architecture, including relevant use cases.
- Manages installation, maintenance, and support of complex technical infrastructures, hardware, and system software components.
- Manages and tunes technology to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
- Develops models for future architectural enhancements to system hardware and software.
- Develops security procedures for design reviews, and for operational monitoring, recording, and responding to security events.
- Develops and conducts training programs.
- Assist and advises in the development or modification of complex hardware and software solutions to enhance a commodity or specialized IT infrastructure or environment.
- Interfaces with multiple levels of the organization and aspects of a team to resolve system engineering issues and actions.
- Provides advice for team integration of new platforms when required regarding cost/schedule/performance impacts.
- Provides weekly and bi-weekly highlights and status inputs to include status, issues, and proposed solutions.
- Develops advanced technological and operational ideas and guides their development to the final product.
- Provides highly technical and specialized guidance concerning automated solutions to complex information processing problems.
- Leads large scale information systems engineering projects.
- Performs system designs, developments, and product verification testing on power, control systems, software, hardware, and equipment.
- Resolves major technical problems with immediate and long term, durable solutions.
- Recommends architectural options and business cases for major decisions that impact IT services.
- Communicate verbally and draft communications in writing to senior levels of the organization.
- Oversees and guides major portions of the IT system architecture.
- Determines solutions and impacts for major changes to the baseline, and keeps apprised of changes to mission applications and systems to ensure high availability and reliability.
COMSO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.